About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Saturday, June 11, 2011


Okay, Okay… I know I haven’t been here in a while but I tend to think of that as a good thing in some ways!  It’s the time of year also I suppose.  You know, all those outside chores that come with spring and summer.

Of late, I see myself in the final stretch.  Abby’s planning on moving out in the Fall and Matt will be a senior when school starts back up.  Just about a year from now Matt will most likely be leaving for school.  I’m encouraging him to go away for school rather than stay here.  Not that I wouldn’t love to have him but I think we both need it.  I think it’s the best thing for him and for me.  Thing is though, what the heck am I going to do then?

I suppose that’s what has been on my mind more than anything.  Not that I’m worried about it or anything.  I mean, I’m at peace with it all but I do wonder though…

It’s been a good summer so far… Matt just returned from a weeklong leadership conference in South Georgia.  He had a great time and even came back home with a $1,000 scholarship to the school of his choice.  He heads off next week for FFA camp.  So, of course most of my time today has been spent in the laundry room.

Abby finished up her summer classes a couple of weeks ago.  Over the last week she’s been splitting her time between her boyfriend and me.  She’s been working hard and is now enjoying some down time.  I'm glad she's enjoying her time but I’m getting a little bored with her daily call around noon reminding me that she's at the pool enjoying herself while I’m stuck in my office.  I reminded her that my time is coming and that before she knows it I’ll be on permanent summer break and will be sure to give her a few calls from the pool.  Or from wherever I wind up in my Life Without Lisa.

2 comments:

  1. First, great picture of the kids. :)
    Second, it's nice to see you thinking of life beyond right now.
    Who would've thought we'd ever be able to think .... or dream .... of the future?
    I think that's a good thing.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree on both counts JTE! Of course, as you well know, the roller coaster goes up AND down!

    ReplyDelete