About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

What's For Dinner

While catching up on some blog reading this morning, I realized that I had not posted anything since Thursday.

Well sorry kids…

I write when I feel moved to write and don’t when I don’t. Tonight, I do…

All is right in the world, well at least my world, as I know it today.  I say, as I know it today because it always seems to change so stinking fast.  It seems like there is always something changing and sometimes life has to grab me by the neck screaming and kicking and drag me forward through that change.  Then again, sometimes I go willingly.  Go figure…

So, as I said, all is right - I think…

Abby is spending a second night here with us and managing to drive us only a little crazy.  I think I need to get one of those custom signs that say “drama free zone” and hang it on the kitchen door.  She is finally settling in and is sitting at the kitchen table studying.  Matt is in the back room studying. Well, Matt may actually be pretending to study!  And here I am with you.  So what do you want to know? 

Do you want to know that we went to church today?  Do you want to know that it was awesome?  Do you want to know that I might finally understand why all those folks in the choir smile so much?  Do you want to know that I had lunch with my kids after that?  Do you want to know that it was just the three of us?  Do you want to know that we laughed and enjoyed just being with each other?  Do you want to know that I came home and washed three loads of clothes that belong to a college student that has a washer and dryer IN HER APARTMENT?  Let me know if you figure that one out… Do you want to know that I fixed a big home cooked meal tonight?

If you don’t want to know all that, maybe you just want to know that we are fine and are still learning to breath and live again.  We are you know.  We are learning every day.  I myself might even be getting better at it.  Yeah, I also know that might be a matter of opinion.

What’s that?  Oh, you say you want to know what I made for dinner?

That’s a little personal isn’t it…?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to heat the smile in your voice.
    God is good.
    I love you
    and miss you
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooops that would be hear the smile.. love ya me

    ReplyDelete