About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back To Reality

Two days in the mountains, two days at home and two days in LA (Lower Alabama) and spring break is over.  It’s hard to believe that the week has already passed.

After a couple of days at home we took off for my parents place near Dothan, Alabama.  It has been far too long since I had made the trip to LA.  I’m glad that we took the time to go.  My Brother and his family joined us so we had a full house.  While it’s good to be with the family, try as I may, I still feel like an oddity among a large group of people.  There is a big part of me missing and I feel it in particular, for some reason, when I am around the family.

It’s good to be back home and I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.  I think the best part is coming home to a clean house. One of the smartest things I’ve done in a while is hiring a part-time housekeeper.  It has taken a good bit of stress off of me and given me time to focus on more important things.  I should have done it a long time ago.  I have to swallow a whole lot of pride to say this but I suppose Jamie was right after all.

We hit the road early this morning and returned home early enough to get some chores done and still have dinner with “Baby Girl”.

Tomorrow it’s back to work and school for the Anderson boys.  The alarm clock will ring far too early tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment