About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Trout Fishing Part 2

Trout fishing was a great way to spend a couple of days of vacation/spring break.  We spent two nights in Dillard, Georgia in a great little house that my friends Keith and Becky were nice enough to let us use.  My buddy Mike and his family joined us, which was a blessing.  After all, it would have been a bit too quiet with just me and Matt in that house. 




Dillard is just south of North Carolina and we only had a fifteen-minute drive to the Chattahoochee National Forest.  Mike knew the territory and was able to guide us to all the good fishing holes.  Most of the good spots were a very short walk from the truck.  However, one or two of the spots were back in the woods a bit.  I suppose the best spots are the ones that nobody else is willing to hike to.  Some of the trails were more suited for a mountain goat rather than a couple of big guys like us.  The boys did great and seemed to be just as happy to be out in the woods as the men.  Heck what boy doesn’t love to be out in the middle of a stream with a rod?  The fish were biting, the weather was great and the company was even better.



Matt caught the most fish and if you look closely at the picture you will see he decided to take one home in his shirt pocket.  That didn’t last long once the sun hit it and it started to smell more like a dead animal in his pocket.


I don’t think that I will ever get used to the idea of being on vacation and not having Lisa with me.  It’s great to have the time off with Matt but it will never be the same without her.

Since getting back yesterday I’ve pounded away at a list of things that needed my attention.  Not the least of which was getting the garden planted.  If the pounding rain didn’t wash away all my seed I’ll be in good shape.  I’m looking forward to the corn, green beans, lettuce, radishes, okra, tomatoes and peppers of all sorts.


It’s good to be home but I’m already looking forward to the next fishing trip.

1 comment:

  1. Glad ya'll were able to enjoy your trip! It was good seeing part of the family when you came and got the key! Love ya'll!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete