About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Define Covered Dish

Dinner Club is tonight. It’s my big once a month social event and I may not be able to make it. I have a late evening appointment that I must make and am afraid that it may cause me to be too late. Matt has been great about encouraging me to go. He hates to eat alone ( I totally understand that ) but has encouraged me to go anyhow. The last couple of months he has even tried to make dinner plans with a buddy just so he does not have to eat alone and I am more inclined not to use his eating alone as an excuse not to attend. So, I hope that things work out and I can attend this last dinner of the year.

Dinner Club is always a enjoyable event. It’s great to be around a group of adults for one evening. Also, it’s a nice distraction from my otherwise total lack of social activity. I have only been able to go to a few of the dinners this year but have enjoyed each one of them. There is one older lady that has figured out that I am single. I think she has got it in her mind that she might be able to fix me up with someone. I am pretty sure that she makes it a hobby of fixing folks up. I don’t want to ruin her fun so I just play along and answer the myriad of questions that she always asks me. Little does she know that I am getting back to my old self and really have no interest in “dating”.

What is my old self? Well adjusted, confident and secure and comfortable with my life. Dare I say, even content…! I totally have no interest in “dating”. That’s not to say that I am not interested in finding someone that I would enjoy spending time with. Like I told my friend Janine earlier this week, I don’t want someone else but I don’t want to be alone either. That might, and very well may not, make sense to many. Basically, I am at the point if someone comes along, great! However, if that doesn’t happen that’s fine also. Lisa and I always lived by the mantra “if it’s meant to be – it will be”. I still believe that to be true… So, while I have not closed any doors, I am also not out seeking either.

I am supposed to bring something for supper club. It’s really a covered dish dinner where everyone is supposed to bring a dish. There is no way I can pull that off this month. Like I said I’ll be lucky to make it at all. I wonder if a bag of chips is considered a covered dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment