About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Star Gazing

It feels good to have September behind me. With the exception of Thanksgiving at the end of November I basically have two months to enjoy without significant date reminders of our loss.

It feels so good to just feel good. To NOT feel overwhelmed or distraught is a welcome relief.

I have come to know what is really important in life but I still find myself not taking time out to enjoy those important things. Some days I have trouble following my own advice… However, I did this morning for just a moment or two. I was on the way out of the house going to my truck for my daily commute to work and realized how cool and dry the air felt. I just stood there for a few minutes letting the cool morning breeze wash over me. Since it was only five in the morning the stars were still out. I just stood there looking at the stars thinking about Lisa and grinning like a big dummy. I find these days that when I think about Lisa momentarily I just get this big unexplainable goofy grin on my face. I love to just stand there in the dark some mornings and enjoy a quiet moment to myself. Just those few moments can be so rejuvenating and comforting. Taking a few minutes like this gives me time to ponder all sorts of issues and topics. It gives me a quiet moment to pray and give thanks. Thanks for all that I have and all that I have had.

School will be out for fall break soon and I have made Matt a promise that I will not work the entire time. I promised him that we would at least take a couple of day trips and spend some quality time together. While I have an overwhelming desire to spend the entire five days working around the house and in the shop, I have promised him that I would not do that. I think it is important that we spend a few days together just being father and son. No work, no school, no chores and for sure no cooking. After all, in just two short years he will no doubt be going off to college himself. At that point I will have more time on my hands than I know what to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment