About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Adult Swim


The sun is coming up and the house is silent except for Matt's snoring. Matt got home from camp 4-H yesterday afternoon and is already looking forward to going to FFA camp next week. He always says the same thing. "I am going to miss my friends". He and Abby have made friends from all over Georgia thanks to 4-H. It sounds like he had a pretty good time. This year was different in that he was a teen leader. This gives him certain privileges at camp. He gets to eat at the adult table for meals and is allowed to go back through the food line as much as he wants. I find it ironic that he considers this a privilege since he always talks about how bad the camp food is. He also gets to stay up late and spend time with the other teen leaders and adults. He also gets to jump in the pool when the life guard calls for "adult swim only".

Last year Abby came home every weekend but this year she has not been home one weekend. She called me yesterday from a bus. All the camp counselors are spending the weekend at the 4-H camp on Jekyll Island. I am glad that she is out having fun with her friends and co-workers. These are the things that a college student should be doing. She is making memories that will last a lifetime.

As for me, well you know Matt brought plenty of laundry home for me! The second load just finished up so I am heading out to the shop. I need to clear a spot to put Abby's new bedroom furniture that is supposed to arrive this afternoon. I cant wait to tear into the boxes and start putting it together. It's just the kind of thing that I love to do. There is nothing like working on a project and getting to stand back and look at the finished product. Sure I would rather have made it myself but I just don't have that kind of time right now. Besides, I still have not finished work on my shop and am not ready to start any large projects out there. Soon though, hopefully very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment