About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

It Ain't Like Driving Ms. Daisy


This weekend flew by. I am so blessed to have a three day weekend. I supposed its all what you are used to. This weekend flew by but I hate to think what things would be like if I worked a five day schedule.

I finally got back into the shop yesterday and started to work on the last of the drywall mudding and painting. While I did this Matt worked on another project. The day was gone before we knew what happened.

Today was much the same. We decided to sleep in and skip church today. Of course sleeping in for me is 6 or 7. I got up and put together a crock pot Mac & Cheese dish to take to 4-H camp. Today was family picnic day at the camp. We were able to go see Abby and all the other young adult leaders at the camp. These things are still awkward for me. I am so used to having Lisa to cling to and turn to at these events. This was her kind of thing. Besides, half the time she would run into a dozen or so kids that she had taught over the years. They loved running into Lisa. You could see their faces light up when they saw her. It was not uncommon for us to be at an event like this and hear from way across the room Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. Anderson. I would just look at Lisa and smile knowing that she would not be available to me for a little while. It was kind of like going grocery shopping with her. What would take most folks thirty minutes would take us an hour or more. Lisa was like a rock star with a following of young girls, boys and parents clamoring for her attention. It's getting to be the same way with Abby due to her involvement with the perfectly polished classes and other things. She has a following of young girls that just love her. Me and Matt call them Abby Groupies.

Matt asked if he could drive us to our destination and I agreed. This was the first time he had driven out of town. He did pretty good until he got brave and tried to set the cruise control. After a couple failed attempts and trips onto the shoulder of the road he got it set. It was all I could do not to wet my pants grab the E brake and scream profanities.

Now we are home and Matt is preparing to go off to camp next week. As I have already mentioned he has a whirl wind camp schedule for the next two weeks. He leaves Monday returns on Friday and then is back out the door on Monday. He comes back the following Friday and will go right back out the door that evening for a long weekend.

Father's day is coming up pretty soon and I think we may try to make a trip to six flags. For many years we have gone to six flags on Father's day. It actually works out pretty well. The crowds are not bad since it is a holiday. Nothing I hate worse than a bunch of humans crowding around me trying to get to the same place all at the same time. I hate big crowds. I would much rather be on a hiking trial in the middle of one of our great national parks or even just down the road a piece at the botanical gardens. Of course, six flags is not for me, its for them. However, they like to think that it's a great way for dad to spend fathers day. Yeah okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment