About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Drive Time


It's official, Matt is a licensed driver. We no longer need to call on others to take him here and there. He can jump in the car and take himself anywhere he might need to. In a way I am disappointed, since this means that I have no reason to call on folks. I think Matt also liked the opportunity to see some of our friends that have helped us over the last two years. We owe a big thank you to these folks for their assistance. I need not list them as they know who they are. Besides, I would probably forget one of the dozen or so of these wonderful people. I don't know what we would have done without these people. Rides to school, to 4-H, to FFA, the orthodontist, perfectly polished and other such things. There is just no way that I could have done it on my own.

I am happy that we no longer need to burden others with our request. However, it scares the tar out of me to think that I might get another phone call. As hard as I try, I cannot help but worry like an old mother hen. This will take some getting used to.

I suppose it was a weekend of first. We took our first trip to Athfest this weekend and Matt drove by himself for the very first time. Athfest was great. Matt has been pestering me for years to take him. I have a hard time doing things that I am unfamiliar with these days. I suppose it is by product of the anxiety. I just have this overwhelming fear that comes over me when I attempt to do something unfamiliar to me. Anyhow, I agreed and our friends Charlie and Charlotte let us follow them downtown and tag along. Matt and William had a great time. I was glad we attended as I had a pretty good time people watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment