About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Harry Bissetts


What a fantastic weekend. Lisa’s mom and dad were able to make it over to take Matt out for yet another birthday dinner Friday night. As always, they told Matt it was his choice. Matt decided on Harry Bissetts. Little did he know this was the last restaurant that I had taken Lisa to and I remember it like it was yesterday. This was our secret place. We never took our parents or the kids. This was the one restaurant that we did not share. It was a special place for us. I was okay with it. We had a great meal and Al and Lois loved the place. After dinner we came back out to the farm. Matt showed them his garden. It’s his first so he is very proud of it. I am looking forward to home grown tomatoes again.

Saturday was a work day. Most of the day was spent cutting grass and spraying weeds. Matt got his car washed and vacuumed. Abby is not much on cleaning an automobile so her hand-me-down to Matt was pretty dirty. Matt did a pretty good job on the clean up.

Sunday was great also. Another banner day weather wise and a great guest speaker at church. I have not laughed that much in some time. So often, church makes me think of Lisa. Sometimes that’s all I can sit there and think about. The speaker was dynamic and energized. He really made me think about how small my problems are in the scheme of things. Like I have said. It is way too easy for us to get wrapped up in our own little world. We forget that there are others out there with problems much bigger than ours.

We wrapped up the weekend with a dinner of chicken ziti, compliments of Mrs. Charlotte, French bread and a salad. A couple of loads of laundry and we are ready for a new week. It’s amazing how much less laundry we have with Abby of at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment