About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sad News

I know I have not posted anything in a few days. I suppose I have had my mind on far too many other things. Tonight, however, it dawned on me how quiet the house is and it reminded me how alone I am. I stayed pretty busy with the kids both gone last week but being here last night and tonight is getting me a bid down. I suppose I need to get focused on a project but its just so dang hot out in the shop in the evenings. I will be glad when this week is over. Matt will blow in for a couple of hours Friday morning and hopefully Abby will be here Friday night. I miss them something awful tonight and I dare say tomorrow night will be any better. Maybe Jamie is right, maybe I need to join a gym. Not to meet folks but to pound out some of this pent up energy and frustration.

I received a call from Lisa's brother this evening with some depressing news. Lisa's Aunt Evelyn lives in Marion, SC and is a wonderful 87 year old lady. A real classy lady that always made you feel like you were the most important person in the world. No matter how bad thing were, she always had a smile and a positive outlook on everything. Evelyn is just one of those people that everybody immediately took a liking to. She is not doing well and is going to have to move out of her home and into an assisted living home. Based on what Dave tells me it does not sound good. I think that she is suffering from dementia. I know she has basically been blind for several years now. Even with that, however, she has been able to take care of herself up to this point. I don't know how she has done it on her own. She lost her husband a number of years ago and has been alone since. I know if Lisa were here she would be quite upset with this news. She had a special place in her heart for Evelyn and I think that feeling was very mutual. Sad news, very sad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment