About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Reflection

Last night my friends Roy and Diane invited me to join them in attending a concert at Ashford Manor. Every summer Ashford Manor holds a series of outdoor concerts. It is quite a spectacle and a lot of fun for a people watcher like me. I suppose this is what put me in the mood I was in last night and in large part the reason for the blog I posted.

While I had a good time and enjoyed the company, I once again found myself feeling much like a third wheel. This is not due to being with my friends. On the contrary, if it were not for them I certainly would not have attended. It is simply because these days I tend to feel alone in a sea of people. Even in a large crowd I feel very much alone and singular. I suppose the walk back to the truck kind of puts it in perspective. I come alone and I leave alone with nobody to discuss the evening with or to laugh with. It was just a quiet walk back to the truck. While these events are somewhat uncomfortable for me in an unnatural way, I feel that I must force myself to get out and meet folks.

I am better this evening but still thinking about what I posted last night. A person that is very special to me put it into perspective for me today. They said that there is a middle ground out there somewhere. Being a mature adult, if and when I do find someone to spend my life with, I will no doubt find someone that will also be mature and able to understand my situation. They will not ever expect me to completely forget.

1 comment:

  1. That person who is special to you is very wise.

    ReplyDelete