About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No Speed Limits


I am actually enjoying my alone time this week. It has been a busy week however. My plans for tonight include cutting the grass and tearing into Abby’s room in preparation for her new furniture.

I actually like cutting the grass. Riding the mower for a few hours with my I-pod blasting loud enough to drown out the mower is relaxing. You can do a lot of thinking when you are riding a mower. It’s one of those things that you don’t have to think much about. It’s not like driving a car in that there are not other mowers on the lawn you have to dodge. You don’t have to give hand signals and you don’t have to observe any speed limits. Just drop it in gear, engage the blade, set the deck height and go. I get more useful thinking done while riding a mower than I do at any other time. I have come up with many great ideas and solved many problems while riding my mower.

After I get the grass cut I plan to start taking Abby’s room apart. I have found someone that will put her current furniture to good use. I think it is wonderful that another little girl somewhere will get many more years of use out of the furniture that Abby has used since she got out of a crib. It is all in pretty good shape. Abby has taken pretty good care of it and has gotten a lot of use out of it. I would much rather see it find a home with another little girl rather than wind up in the landfill. Her new furniture is scheduled to be delivered on Saturday and Abby is not scheduled to be home until the following weekend. She knows that I have ordered the new things but that’s about all she knows. I am hoping to have it all put together and in place for when she next comes home. I think it will be a big surprise. I have even purchased all new pillows and bedding for her. Of course, I will probably be forced to return the comforter so that she can pick one of her own choosing. I’m okay with that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment