About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Brain Fart

Well I had an epiphany last night, or as I like to call it, a brain fart.

I got to thinking about this thing with Matt and him feeling alone in the morning and decided to use a little psychology 101 on him (again). I told him to think of the mornings as his alone time. I told him to consider the fact that I am not there pestering him to chew with his mouth closed or to sit up on the couch. I explained that this is the only time during the day that he is not being watched and directed by a parent or teacher. I asked him to consider it his special time of day to just relax and get ready for the day. I asked him to consider the fact that he gets some alone time as a positive and not a negative. I explained to him that I love this time of day and it’s nice to just have some time to myself. Yes, if you are a regular reader you know that I am telling him a little bit of a lie. It’s worth it however if this works. Once he started thinking about it he seemed to like the idea. He said that he had not thought of it like that.

When I called him this morning he seemed to sound better. The first thing I asked him was if he was enjoying his alone time. He laughed (which was nice to hear) and said he was. Maybe we have had a quick breakthrough, maybe he is just manning up so as not to worry me, maybe it was just a good day. I don’t know but I suppose time will tell. It might just be the fact that he is going to his best friend’s house after school today and then joining him for a church youth group trip to the Varsity. Nothing says loving like a greasy chili dog, onion rings and fried peach pie from the Varsity. Anyhow, he seems to be better today and I hope that trend (yeah, yeah I know one day is not a trend ) continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment