About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Defrost Dummy

Well, I suppose I am not doing so well on my commitment to get back to cooking and eat better.

Abby is eating out tonight. Thats not so surprising since she is basically on her own and pays absolutely no attention to what is happening at home as far as meals are concerned. However, (there is that word again) Matt is also eating out. I was worn out by the time I got home tonight and did not have the interest or energy to cook. On top of it, I forgot to defrost anything (handy excuse). I continue to be amazed at what Lisa was able to accomplish when it comes to this subject. How did that woman pull it off? Like I was saying, I was just too worn out to think about it. Of course, I asked Matt a stupid question. Are you very hungry? He is always hungry... so stupid question. I suggested a turkey sandwich or a bowl of cereal with some fruit. Yes, I have some fruit in the house. The only problem is it usually winds up getting thrown out since we eat out too much. So back to Matt... No he did not want anything I suggested. He wanted to go get something. I, once again I think out of guilt, agreed. I justified it in that tomorrow is the first day of school so I was letting him wind out his summer break on an up note. So dinner out for Matt and a serving of guilt for me. I feel like such a bad parent right now...

Things are moving along at work. I have spoken all the employees that are going to be moving within the facility. Tomorrow I start talking to the ones that are actually being laid off. Twenty-seven of them to be specific. By the end of the day tomorrow, I should have completed all the notifications and be well into the mountain of paperwork that is associated with something like this.

Maybe at least I will get a better night of sleep tonight than I have the past two night

No comments:

Post a Comment