About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Painting Blues


Okay I finally decided on a room color. You can see the color I chose in the picture attached. You can also see the ugly yellowish greenish color I covered over. I found a color that I thought would work with what I want to do with the now vacant bedroom. It was a somewhat light blue with a hint of grey in it. I say "was" because I made the mistake of asking Matt what he thought of the color. He said that the liked the color but wanted to go two more shades darker with it. I told him that I thought it might be too dark. I don't want it to look to cave-like after all is done. At the last minute standing there at the paint counter I decided that Matt knew more about decorating than I did and went with his color. I got stark white high gloss for the new moldings and it really is looking good. Who knew Matt could decorate?

However, (there's that word again) I finally got in touch with my good friend Linda. Linda is telling me that now I should not go with the black finished bed. She says it will be to masculine and after all, don't I want Abby to feel good about coming home when she wants to. Do I... I guess... Maybe... Yeah I do. Linda has a point I suppose. So I will likely not get the black bed.

Who knew decorating could be so difficult!

I suppose this exercise is good for me. Maybe if I can make some simple choices like this I can learn to handle the larger things that will be coming my way. If I can learn to put on my big-boy spider-man undies and make decision without a partner, well that might just help me in my healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment