About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Project Time



Its good to have the first week of school behind us and back to a week to week schedule of school and activities. Matt seems to be settling down and getting a bit more comfortable with the new situation. I am glad to have my Fridays back to myself. That sounds a bit selfish but I have always enjoyed my Fridays. Working a 4 day schedule is tiring but having Friday to myself makes it worthwhile.

We took the last load over to Abby's place Sunday evening. It was a couple of chairs that Lisa's folks had been holding onto. We told Abby that we would meet her there and forgot that she has to keep the place locked up. Living where we do, we don't feel the need to lock everything down. However, my first instructions to Abby were that she keep the door locked while there or not there. As a result we wound up sitting and waiting for a little while. Matt felt the need to be as comfortable as possible so he took advantage of the chairs. He already looks like a fraternity boy sitting on a porch waiting for the next girl to walk by.

I am taking advantage of having Abbys room empty. I have already started taking down the moulding so that I might upgrade it. I have decided to make it more masculine and sent back the frue-frue quilt that I purchased. I decided that Abby was right about it, it looked a bit old ladyish. We are going to go with a blue tone. I am thinking light blue on the walls and a darker blue for the moldings. I know that it is a bit "out of the box" but I figure I can repaint it if it looks like bad. Additionally, I think we are going to go with black bed or natural wood bed. It feels good to have a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment