About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's Her Dime Now

Other than having to work part of the day, yesterday was pretty pleasant.

When I finished up at work I came home and rolled Abby out of the bed. First we stopped by the bank and got her off my accounts and me off her accounts. Then we grabbed some lunch to take to Matt. We decided to have lunch with Matt and try and cheer him up. He enjoyed the food we brought but I think he enjoyed the additional friends at lunch more. By the way, he sits at a table full of cute girls!! How could you he bummed out about that? It was great and it worked. He had a really big smile on his face when we left. Abby and I basically got mobbed at and after lunch by kids that we know. Well, Abby knows most of them but I got my share of hugs also. We got swarmed in the lunch room and the commons area. My head was spinning by the time we left there. It was tons of fun, however.

After lunch we took a couple of loads over to Abby's new apartment. We got a lot more done than I expected we would. Of course, she is on the top floor instead of the bottom and her bedroom is upstairs also. She is very excited to be setting up her own place. However, reality is starting to hit her between the eyes, her phone died yesterday. Correction, she finally destroyed her phone yesterday. She keeps waiting for me to jump in and get her a new one but I am not going to. I told her when I got her this overpriced phone that I would not replace it if she did not take care of it. I suppose she should have made a bigger transfer from her savings yesterday to checking! I am very interested in seeing if she replaces her phone with the expensive cool one or a reasonably priced one. Since it's her money now it should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. hey uncle chris
    just wanted to say i love you and tell matt and abby that i love them!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete