About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cold & Rain


This will be a dull posting to say the least.

It's been one of those days... Rainy and cold, the kind of day that makes me wish that I had just stayed in the bed.  It's hard to get motivated on days like this but I just kind of plowed through it.  Matt and I spent most of the day together starting with church and then dinner out.  A load or two of laundry wound out the afternoon.  I am looking forward to a short work week.  I only have a two day work week and then I am done.  As always, I am looking forward to the time off.

The only plans for the break are to enjoy the kids and spend some time in my little work shop.  Abby has been asking me to make her an adirondack chair for a couple of years now.  I don't know where she will put it as her apartment is already full.  Hopefully I can knock her one out over the break.  Other plans include getting the house decorated for Christmas and putting up the tree.  I have learned to loath putting up the tree.  Lisa always handled the tree trimming.  My job was to simply to put the tree up and get the heck out of the way.  Like I said though, the kids insist on having a tree so I am happy to comply.

No comments:

Post a Comment