About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Patton & Tora Tora Tora


Lisa was famous for certain sayings.  One of them was “make every day count” and she did.  That dear woman packed more into a day than most pack into a week.  I continue to hear her say “make every day count”.  It is part of what drives me to make progress on the shop, house and farm overall.  It is in part what has helped me stay on track with the kids and not quit parenting and doing.  However, I’m tired.  I am tired of being a single parent.  I am tired of being forced to make all the decisions alone.  I am tired of going to bed alone and waking up alone.  I am tired of having to do it all by myself. 
 
I am on vacation today.  I don’t want to make today count.  I am going on strike for the day.  I am going to take Matt out for breakfast and then I am going to do nothing.  Today, I am going to watch old war movies eat a bunch of junk and lay on my butt.  I am not going to pay any bills, do any yard work or house work.  I am not going to go shopping or do any cooking.  I am not going to do any laundry or make the bed.  I am not even going to work in the shop.
 
Today I goof off.

No comments:

Post a Comment