About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Turkey & Tree

It’s hard to believe that the holidays are just around the corner.

Time seems to be slipping through my fingers these days. The kids will be out for Thanksgiving break in just another week and a half. While I don’t look forward to holidays much these days, I always look forward to having time off to spend with the kids. I know Matt is also looking forward to the break but not necessarily for the same reasons. I think he is just ready for a break from the day to day grind of school and being forced to get out of the bed prior to 11:00 a.m. every day.

I suppose the only problem I have with the time off is forcing myself not to work the entire time. I find that I have to make myself set aside time to relax and just hang out with Matt. It’s easy to say but hard to do when every fiber of me wants to make progress on my “to do” lists. I don’t like down time. I like to be occupied with a project or task. It keeps me from thinking about things that I don’t want to think about. It keeps me from thinking about how much we wish Lisa was still here and how much we miss her. It helps me not to think about the fact that she should be in the house cooking a big Thanksgiving meal and pestering me to get out the Christmas decorations.

Lisa had a specific schedule for the holidays, like everything else. We always put the tree up on Thanksgiving weekend and we always took it down on the New Year’s weekend. The last thing I want to think about right now is any of that. However, I know the kids expect it and look forward to it. So, I will stick to the schedule for them because I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment