About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Meat Loaf & Mashed Potatoes



Another productive weekend, short but productive.  I had to work at my day job Friday so I only had a two day weekend instead of my normal three this week.  I can, however, scratch two items off my long list of things that I need to get done. Unfortunately, I'll need to add one new item.

The weather has been beautiful here the past week or so.  It's been in the  in the mid 70s and sunny.  It's the kind of weather that makes you want be outside working.  Thats a big reason why I worked outside most of the weekend.  I had a friend come over Saturday morning to cut fire wood.  There was one very big oak down near the barn that needed to be cut down.  It was dead for the most part and Todd needed the fire wood.  Well, It would seem that my aim is not what it used to be when it comes to dropping a tree.  I dropped that big oak right on top of my fence.  As you can see I busted up my fence pretty good.  I was not upset, however.  In fact I thought it was pretty funny and got a pretty good laugh out of it.  It wont take too much to fix the fence so it's not that big a deal.  I will just add it to my long list of things that need to be done.

Once I got the tree on the ground for Todd, I got back to pressure washing the house.  It took the rest of the day but I am finished except for the decks and the white picket fence that surounds the patio outside my bedroom.  I will knock them out today after church.  I just want to stop early enough to cook some dinner.  Matt and I have been eating out every night for the last week or so and it's getting pretty old.  For some reason I really want meat loaf with green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment