About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mending Fences


It has been a tough past week or so but I am fine.

I have been pushing myself pretty hard the last couple of weeks to get things done and just pushed a little too hard.  I have been exhausted this past week but am better now.  It's amazing what a little rest can do for one.

The weather has been so wonderful I have tried to find any excuse I can to be outside.  Yesterday, Matt and I spent most of the day outside.  We got the fence that I destroyed put back together and got the filter in the well house swapped out.  I also managed to get caught up on some house cleaning and we took in a movie last night.

David came by yesterday to show me the plan he came up with on the kitchen remodel.  As much as I wanted to say yes to his plan, so that he could get started, I had to ask him to go back to the drawing board.  I think it is important that we don't get rushed and do it right.  I am hoping that we can get started on it and finish before Christmas but that may be an unrealistic goal.

Today, I am skipping church and for the most part going to take it easy.  Of course, my definition of taking it easy is a bit different from most.  I am just going to knock out a couple of easy tasks and then cook a nice dinner for me and Matt.  Maybe I can talk Abby into joining us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment