About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Got Lists of Lists


The weekend has come and gone yet again.  This was however a very productive one.  This is the most focused and productive I have been in a while.  I have, believe it or not, finally finished the drywall and electrical in the shop.  I have moved all my machines and tools into the main shop and out of the cramped little single bay on the other side of the wall.  I seemed to get so much done on Friday night I worked out there until almost 10:30 that night.  When I finally stopped I was shocked at the time.  Saturday I continued to get a lot done out there and am basically ready to start on the base cabinets that I want to build for the shop.  Once I get them built I can put most of what else remains in the single bay and can start on finishing it out.  That and some new overhead doors to replace the old dilapidated ones that I currently have and its done.  Easier said than done I am afraid.

Thats okay... All things in due time.

Sunday was just as productive.  After church, I got the pressure washer out and started cleaning the house.  I was amazed at house dirty it was.  It looks like I put a fresh coat of paint on it.  As soon as I can get the rest of the house and decks washed I can  cut loose a painter to take care of that new facia that the roofers installed.  Additional, David Lainey stopped in with his wife this afternoon and he has some very good ideas on what to do with the undersized and overused kitchen.  David and Lane are going to put together some drawings for me and see what we can do.  Yeah after two years I am overcompensating in the get things done category.

Roof & Facia, Paint, Landscape and Hardscape, Shop, Kitchen yeah I suppose I have a few irons in the fire.  My list has grown very long over the last two years so I have some catching up to do.  No Im not trying to do it all at one time but like I said, I have some catching up to do.  That reminds me, I need to get the house insulation upgraded!  Better add that one to my ever growing list.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You WERE busy this weekend. Great job -- I'm impressed. : )

    ReplyDelete