About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Roof



All I can say is WOW…

I got home last night and all the trucks, trash, and workers were gone.  In just two short days these guys put a new roof on the garage, house, well house and gazebo.  It looks like a new house and it looks like they did a really good job.  No it’s not perfect… not every miter joint on the new fascia board is perfect and not every nail was countersunk but all in all it looks like they did a great job.  I walked around the house and did not find one nail or scrap of old shingle or felt.  The place looks great.

Now all I have to do is get that new fascia board painted and get some new gutters on the house and we are good to go.  This really worked out pretty well.  No, I still don’t like the idea of having to pay others to do things that I am more than capable of doing for myself but that’s just the way it is now.  I can only hope that the rest of the remodeling that the house needs will go as smooth as this did.

My landscape architect, Chuck, has delivered a plan that looks really good.  We are going to replace that nasty mulch path with a stacked stone wall and cobblestone path.  That’s the next big project along with the painting and gutters.

Still, WOW on the roof…

No comments:

Post a Comment