About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Rough Roof



Things got a little nutty around here starting Sunday night.

The roofing company called Sunday night and said we just want you to know that we are starting work on the roof in the morning. In the morning!?  Of course my anxiety spiked out of control.  How was I going to make arraingments to be here and keep an eye on things to make sure it was done right.  I quickly figuered out that I just had to let it go.  Lisa always said, "What will be, will be".  So I am trying to let go a little bit.  

I was able to take a late long lunch and come back out to the farm for a while.  I got home to find the work progressing at a rapid pace and things look like they were going well.  No, they were not doing everything like I would have done it.  I just took a deep breath got back in my truck and went back to work.  I am sure everything is going to be fine and it will all work out.

When Matt got home he told me that our little inside dog, Ally, was a nervouse wreck.  I am sure she was since she always jumps at the slitest sound and scampers to the door barking like crazy.  I can only imagine what she thought about all that commotion on the roof.  I wonder how long she went on like that this morning before she thought the house was falling in.

My first inclination when I got home was to throw on some work clothes and go climb onto the roof.  I decieded the better option was to cook some supper and just let these guys do the work.  Yeah, Im a bit of a control freek and believe that if you want something done right you need to do it yourself.  Or at least stand over others and tell them the correct way to do it.  The crew worked right up till dark which was about 7:00.  I suppose they are trying to get in some extra hours due to all the rain we have had.

Crap... I hope it doesn't rain tonight since I don't think they nailed those tarps down.  See I should have gone up on the roof!!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm ..... pictures? You failed a DOUBLE DOG DARE???!!!
    What kind of man are you?!!

    ReplyDelete