About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Break Day 5


Yesterday was a great day. I walked into my shop at around nine in the morning and did not come out until about four. The sun was shining and I worked with the doors up and windows open. The weather was just perfect.

I worked on the cabinets that I had scavenged from my friend Judy. I got all of the doors and cases striped, scraped, sanded and painted. I made a lot more progress than I expected. In fact, I had not even planned on painting them yesterday. When I got to the point I was ready to paint, rather than run to the hardware store and get a custom color, I found an old can of paint that worked just fine. It was a left over gallon that was used to paint the house some time back. Now all I need to do is clean up the old hardware and get them hung on the wall. Dad should be here next weekend and that will make a great project for the two of us to work on together. Not to mention, Dads pretty dang good with all the electrical and he will be able to help finish all that up.

I probably would have stayed out there into the late evening but I was pretty tuckered out and had not even stopped to eat. Besides, I had friends coming at six for dinner.

My friends Mike and Barbie came over and we just ordered pizza. It was nice to have some folks over for the evening and even better that it was Mike and Barbie. After supper Barbie agreed to take the last of Lisa's clothes for me. Lisa and Barbie are about the same size so I think she will be able to use a good bit of what I had left. I know she will find a good home for any thing she can't use. I have found that it's just too hard to put any of it in the trash so it was good to have her take it for me. While some of it had a good bit of dust on it there were a number of items that still even had the store tags on it.

Today it's raining like crazy again and I am kind of at a loss as to how to spend my day. Its one of those days that I did not have anything planned and I am already walking in circles. It's the last day of Fall Break so I think we are just going to take it easy. While I am blessed to have a great job, I sure wouldn't mind having another five days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment