About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Decisions - Decisions

I am slowly learning to make decisions on my own. As I have mentioned before, I have struggled time and time again with making decisions of most any kind in life without Lisa. After 20 years of getting input and working through decisions with Lisa it has been hard to retrain myself.

I am getting there however. I have made two really big decisions here lately. One was what color shingles I wanted for our the new roof on the old farm house. I know that does not sound like much to the average bear, but it’s something that I personally have really struggled with. I suppose you can relate if you have been married for any length of time. The second was to hire a landscape designer to come up with a plan to get rid of the mulch path that we use to come in the kitchen entrance. This mulch path has been a real pain. When we purchased the place I thought it was quaint and natural. Now I just think it is an eye sore and a mess. It’s horrible when it rains and we track all that crap into the house. I have decided to replace this mess with a nice stacked stone wall and paved path. I have hired a very nice local guy to come up with a plan and get the job done for me.

It’s actually going to be nice to see some things getting done around here without me being the one to do it. I could get used to this idea of paying people to do stuff rather than me working non-stop all weekend on projects. The next big items are remodeling the kitchen and baths. I know I am going to have to hire out the kitchen and already have someone lined up to talk to on the matter. I might even have them do the bathrooms also. Like I said, I could get used to this…

No comments:

Post a Comment