About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Work Weekend



Mom and Dad came up for the weekend.  Mom did a lot of work cleaning and cooking in the house while dad and I worked on getting my shop cabinets hung.  Having mom take care of things in the house while I am on other projects is great.  Its like I have been cloned and am getting twice the work done in half the time.

Dad and I worked all day Friday and got the cabinets on the wall and even got the under cabinet lighting install and wired up.  I enjoy working with dad in the shop.  It's great working with him.  He knows his way around a shop and always seems to come up with good ideas.  Its good to work with someone that knows what they are doing.  I only wish we could do it more often.  Its, typically, a great stress free way to spend time together.  I think he respects my talents and I respect his.  Sometimes we don't even have to tell each other what to do.  We just know and don't have to say anything.

Saturday Me, Dad and Matt did some of the dreaded shopping I needed to get done.  Matt had outgrown his winter coats and needed a good one.  I don't know why, but shopping stresses me out.  I always get uptight and the anxiety kicks in.  If it were not so much trouble to return things when they don't fit, I would make all my purchases on the internet. Not to mention it rained all day Saturday and the rain tends to bring me down also.

Anyhow, tomorrow starts a new week and its back to work.

1 comment:

  1. The cabinets look great! Sorry about the shopping and all that it entails for you. But .... you got through it.
    All in all, a good weekend.
    :)

    ReplyDelete