About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall Break Day 2

Another very long day with the boys. We took off early for Perry this morning and spent the day at the Georgia National Fair. It was our first time. A good time was had by all. We ate way too much junk! We were also successful in finding a deep fried Twinkie. Heck we found just about anything you wanted deep fried. Like I told the boys, anything dipped in batter and deep fried is good! Matt tried the deep fried cheese cake. I think it was better than the Twinkie.

The boys rode plenty of the rides on the midway. I was happy to just watch them ride. We ran into several of our friends while we were there. In fact we saw our little buddy Camille win the best in showmanship award at the lamb show. She is a sweetheart as was thrilled that we had come to see her. Don't tell her we really came to find the Twinkie.
I suppose now its time
that I got back to the
business of being an adult and parent. Bills have to be paid and there is plenty of housework that I have been putting off. Not to mention I need to do my favorite thing and get some shopping done tomorrow. I also need to
go check on my baby girl. She has been running a fever for the last couple of days and been holed up in her apartment. I'm sure she will be fine but I am also sure that a visit from dad might also be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment