About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Any Meal I Don't Have To Cook Is A Good Meal

Abby cooked dinner last night. This was her third attempt and it was very good. She cooked a creamed chicken dish with biscuits on top of it. She, as Matt said, “Jacked” the recipe off of a friend who had cooked it for her recently. I explained to Matt that most of us take recipes from others and that with the exception of my friend Sarah,most do not come up with original recipes. I think that after he thought about it for minute or two, he understood.

Spring break is over and we are back to a normal weekly schedule. Matt is back to school and I am back to work. It is amazing how much my level of anxiety reduces when I am back at work. This is an indicator to me that it is the unusual or the out of the ordinary that makes me anxious. The strange thing is that Matt’s anxiety is the complete opposite. His kicks in when school is back in session. When he is out of school he never complains about being anxious but as soon as Sunday night rolls around I can see it in his face. I can hear him on the couch taking deep soulful breaths of air, exhaling deeply in an attempt to not let himself get worked up.

I have taken the time to read some information on anxiety and found some information that might help. We need to start getting some exercise. Everything I read indicates that exercise helps with anxiety.

Anyhow, it is good to be back on our routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment