About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Let's Burn It


It is great to be home. We were only gone two nights but it is good to be home. It was only a four hour ride but the fact that it rained most of the way made it seem a lot longer. I do wish it would stop raining long enough for us to get out and plant the garden. Matt is planting a garden for his SAE project this year. He has been pestering me for over a month now to get out and plant. I suppose as a new gardener he needs to learn the lesson that a late frost can kill a whole weekends work. It has been far too wet to do anything anyhow. We would just wind up looking like a mud ball if we tried to do much right now.

We are also on spring break this week so it will be nice to sleep in a bit. Regardless, I have high expectations for the week. Matt is entering the state FFA woodworking event again this year. We must get him into the shop this week and get a lot of the work done this week. It we don't get most of the work done this week, we will be hard pressed to finish given our schedules. Year before last Matt won first place in the state competition, last year he placed sixth. The project for last year was a berry box (pictured above). Some girl won first place last year which made the sixth place finish even that much more humiliating for Matt. Matt held onto his loosing berry box and decided to burn it along with the certificate of merit and the sixth place ribbon during his birthday camp out party. Of course the boys that spent the night were only too happy to assist Matt in the venture. We are out for payback this year. Who ever came up with the idea to award sixth place anyhow?

It will be nice to spend time with Matt in the shop this week. Working in the shop is very therapeutic for me. I enjoy sharing what I know with Matt and it is good to have the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment