About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Formal


Lisa Just loved the Perfectly Polished program and encouraged the kids to stay involved. We had the PP Spring Formal a couple of weeks ago and the kids cleaned up real well. Abby in a white dress and Matt in coat and tails. As in past years, the weather did not cooperate but it could have been worse. We got together with another family and had an overpriced dinner after the dance. The kids had a ball. I just love seeing the kids have a good time. I however, feel like more of a third wheel when it comes to this sort of thing these days. I never knew you could feel so alone in a crowd of hundreds.

This year was a lot easier than last year. Last year Abby and I spent two solid days shopping for a white dress. At the end of day two, I told Abby that I had given it my best shot but she was going to have to call in reinforcements. I called Mrs. Debra and she told me not to worry. Mrs. Debra, Mrs. April and Mrs. Cindy got together and made sure Abby had a wonderful dress. I spent two days and came up empty I think that they spent about two hours and found the perfect dress. Matt decided not to participate last year so we only had to worry about getting Abby ready. I am glad Matt decided to participate this year and he intends to participate next year. Lisa would be very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment