About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Holding Hands

Matt and I are in Savannah visiting with my brother and his wife's family. It is good to get away for a few days. It was an interesting ride down here. Abby is staying home tending to school work and just "chillaxing". It was just me and Matt on the way down. I don't know if I will ever get used to traveling without Lisa. We hardly ever went anywhere without each other. When we did travel without each other we could not wait to get back together. We never could understand why married couples would do things like take separate vacations. We loved each other too much to do that sort of thing. It was not uncommon for us to be buzzing down the interstate holding hands. I would be concentrating on the traffic and Lisa might even be reading something but we would be holding hands. It was a wonderful feeling to just have her reach over and grab my hand. Riding with Matt is much different with the silence being broken not with a soft "I love you" but with a mind numbing explosion of toxic gas. What is it that makes guys laugh about farting and then talk about how bad it smells or how loud it was for the next five minutes. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful kids. They have gotten me through the really dark days. Matt has a pretty calming effect on me and it really helps on the days that my anxiety is kicking in hard. He is so patient and most times understanding of me. Most 15 year olds are more interested in getting away from their parents but my kids dont seem to mind being with me. We will be heading home this afternoon and i am looking forward to getting back home to see Abby and even that little rat dog, Ally. There is no better place to sleep than your own bed and I always look forward to getting back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment