About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Kids


I just love my kids. No matter how much Abby argues with or tries to correct me. No matter how much Matt avoids yard work or school work. I just love them.

Abby is way too much like her mom. Head strong, hates to be proven wrong, independent and hard working. This kid will not turn down a babysitting job. In fact she now considers it her job. She told me recently that a young man she has been dating wanted to come over to see her while she was sitting with some of her clients. She said that she told him no. She said that it was a law. She said that there are strict laws to babysitting. You don’t have boys over, you don’t talk on the phone all the time, you don’t just sit and watch your TV shows all the time. You do engage the children and spend time with them. You do clean up any messes that accrue while you are working. Who knew there were laws to babysitting. She is a fine young lady with strong ethics and morals. I can’t think of much to say that is not positive. She will be moving leaving for camp soon and then into her own apartment. While I know we are both ready for this monumental change, I will miss her none the less.

Matt is more like me. Pretty laid back, easy to get along with, slow to anger and almost no drama. It take a pretty big deal to get him riled up. He likes to say he is “keepin it cool”. He is not hard to please and is rarely confrontational. He knows when I am not doing well and tries to do what he can to help me through the rough patches. He is a 15 (soon to be 16) year old boy that still insists on giving me a hug and telling me that he loves me before he goes off to bed. He is not argumentative and is always willing to give in a little as needed. He is slowly becoming a bit more independent and self sufficient. I always told his mother, it’s a good thing we did not have him first or I would have been willing to have many more children. While he is notorious for having a lack of interest in anything concerning yard work or house work, he is coming around. He obviously recognizes me need for help and is stepping up to do what he can for me. He would probably do more if I was not such a control freak.

I give most of the credit to Lisa. While we did it together, in my mind they would not be who they are today if it were not for her. I truly hate that she is not here to see what she accomplished.

While my loss is huge, my blessings are many!

No comments:

Post a Comment