About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

They Don’t Call It The Library For Nothing!

Lisa was always good about making me take care of myself. Ironically, she would always tell me “don’t you go and die on me”. She would pester the snot out of me to go to the doctor. I am learning that now it is up to me. I don’t have someone keeping an eye on me and pestering me to take better care of myself. I am doing it for me but also for the kids. I am no good to them if I don’t take care of myself.

To that end, I finally got my eyes checked. It had gotten to the point that I just could not see a thing. I recently needed to pick up a co-worker for work one morning. As I got closer to my destination, I realized I could not make out the street signs. I finally realized my old blue eyes just aren’t what they used to be. I opted for contacts, I am hoping that they will work out as I am sick of chasing down a pair of glasses just to read something. I have glasses strung out all over the house. I keep a pair in the truck, in my brief case, on my work desk, on my house desk, on the kitchen counter and in the bathroom. There is nothing better than starting your day with a strong cup of coffee and a review of the latest woodworking tools! Hey at least I don’t use the phone in the bathroom.

So far the contacts are working out. However, I don’t like what I am seeing in the mirror as much now!

Tonight we pack up Matt for the state FFA convention. He is already fretting about not making first place. He slapped a square onto his project last night and found that he was out of square in a couple of spots by a sixteenth of an inch. I tried to reassure him that the overall project looks so good. The judges probably won’t even notice. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment