About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Where Are All The Dogwoods?

Matt placed Second in the FFA State Senior Woodworking competition this weekend. Not too bad for a Freshman. Now if we can just have dry dirt this Saturday, he can get the rest of his garden in. Seems like every time he has time, the ground is just too darn wet.

It was a wonderful weekend. Fantastic weather. I even skipped church to get a few more yard chores completed before a two and a half hour 4H meeting. I sprayed week killer, spread fertilizer, hardwood mulch and pine straw. I even planted some of my ornate container arraignments that over the years have garnered me so many compliments.

Over the past year or so, I have had little interest in getting outside to make the farm look better. I just felt like every waking hour had to go toward things that Lisa would have handled. Just of late I have a renewed interest in yard work. It was so very invigorating to get out and do some work. Lord knows the farm needs it. I have not hit a lick on the place in almost two years. It is hard to believe that on this 10 acre farm there are no more than 1 dogwood, 6 azaleas and only a few hostas. What a shame with all the shade our hardwoods deliver. I am going to do something about this. It is such beautiful property it deserves more beautification than just leaf litter and pine straw.

Over the past week or so, I have actually felt like myself. I feel like a big cloud has moved from over me. I almost feel guilty for feeling so good. Sure hope it lasts a while. My experience over the past year or so tells me to be on guard…

No comments:

Post a Comment