About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Back To Work


Every year when Lisa was about to finish up summer and head back to school, she would get bummed out. Don't get me wrong, she was always excited about going back to work and starting a new year of school. She dearly loved teaching and always looked forward to the new young minds that she would have the opportunity to mold. She loved it so much she would always start preparations several weeks before school was scheduled to start. However, she would always say how much she was going to miss her own two children. After spending every day with them over the summer she would get almost depressed about not having them with her every day.

I now have an idea of what she was talking about. After having an entire week with the kids I too am going to miss them next week when I go back to work. I almost wish that I never had to go back to work but I am smart enough to be careful what I wish for. I do wish that we had at least another week or two together. I love being there for them and spending time with them. I don't even mind shopping when I have Abby with me. She is so full of life and such fun to be with, most days. Oh well, at least I had the week with them and I am already looking forward to the Christmas break when I do get two full weeks with them.

Yes thats a picture of me with the kids this past week. The first picture of me on this venue and probably the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment