About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Busy Busy

Yes, I know I have not had too much to say this past week. It's been an extraordinarily busy week at work and rather quiet around the house. I have been told to make preparations for a significant staff reduction next week. While I have a great job, this is the hardest part of it. There is nothing fun about telling someone that they no longer have a job. I don't want to say too much more about this just now. Next week will be even worse... I will be notifying the effected employees. It will take several days to work though and talk to everyone.

Matt has been in Jacksonville all week. He finally got back last night. Roy was kind enough to meet my brother half way and bring him home. I was so very appreciative. Especially considering that if I had to do it we would have gotten home pretty late. Not that I mind late but when you start your day a 4 a.m... I was glad to see Matt get home. He even took the time to wash all his clothes before he left Jacksonville, how nice!! School starts next week so we need to get out today and get all his shopping done. You know the drill, note books, pencils, pens, etc... I am still debating on whether or not I am going to let him drive to school on the first few days. The first few days are so busy and he will be so nervous... I just don't know about that one.

Abby is still preparing for her move to the apartment. She has this mound of things that have started to pile up in one corner of the family room. All sorts of items. She even purchased a vacuum. I wonder just how often that vacuum is going to get used. Hey, I'm not your average moron... I did go to college and while there used a vacuum all of maybe 6 times. We shall see I suppose. She is staying busy with a two week sitting gig for a local school principal and then classes will start for her.

I am looking forward to getting back to a regular schedule for everyone. There is something comfortable about a regular schedule. Now time to do the shopping, you all know how much I love shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment