About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Naps Are For Weenies

Day one of vacation.

Thats right, today is day one. Since I work a four day a week schedule today is the official start of vacation for me. Yee-Haw!!

I could not wait to leave work yesterday. Not because I am so excited about going on vacation but because I am just so stinking tired. I am just slap worn out and tired to the bone. When I got home yesterday I threw on some comfortable clothes, stretched out in the recliner and fell asleep. I never do that. I never come home and fall asleep but today I did. Matt told me that I was out for about an hour. It only felt like a couple of minutes. I woke up after my little nap and grabbed a cup of coffee. Once I had slammed that down I was ready for round two or as Lisa used to call it "second shift". However, I was going to do a load of laundry and cook us some dinner. Instead I decided that Matt and I would go out to eat and take in a movie that he had been wanting to see. Ok, I wanted to see it. Transformers is the kind of movie you need to see on the big screen. We did not get home until almost 11:30. Now this may not seem late to most, but for me it is very late since most nights I am in the bed by 9 or 10. Working a four day week schedule has it's disadvantages.

I feel better this morning but I'm still tired. I suppose I will feel better in a day or two. I just need some down time and that is on the way. Sleeping in till 7:30 was a real treat and a good way to start things off for the coming in week. I am glad that I decided to wait until Sunday to take off for the beach. That gives me two days to get things in order around here and get packed. I am really ready for this coming break.

Now I am just going to suck down some more of my famously strong coffee and hit the road to take care of some errands. I'm looking a bit shaggy and have to get a hair cut before I hit the road!!

I can't wait to feel the sand between my toes!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time and rest, rest, rest!

    ReplyDelete