About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Note To Self


I literally had a case of the blues last night.

You see I'm a do-it-your-self kind of guy. I don't hire out anything. I clean my own house (not as often as I should), cut my own grass, clean my own gutters (okay Matt cleans the gutters), and change my own oil. You get the picture...

Well, yesterday evening I decided that I needed to get out and spray the weeds that seem to be taking over the farm. In particular the riding rink down at the barn was being taken over by crab grass. It took nine gallons of weed killer just to take care of the rink. I have so much spraying to do at times I don't know what I have sprayed and what I have not sprayed. So, I recently purchased a new product that I had been wanting to try. It's a dye that you put in your weed sprayer that lets you know where you have already sprayed. It's a blue dye and I use a three gallon backpack sprayer. Are you starting to get the picture??

I worked for several hours spraying weeds and it was pretty hot out and my shirt was drenched with what I thought was sweat by the time I finished. I got everything cleaned up and went in the house to change for dinner. When I took my shirt off the picture above is what I found. Yes, my back was the same color. I frantically got in the shower hoping that this blue dye would come off before it dried. Luckily the stuff came off pretty well and my back has returned to it's natural hair covered color.

Note to self - Make sure the lid on the backpack sprayer is securely tightened before putting it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment