About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Devastating News

I have thought about Lisa a lot if not constantly this weekend. So much so that last night while talking to my friend Linda I actually caller her Lisa at one point. I think that this has mostly been due to some very disturbing news that I received this weekend. I received news that one of Lisa's co-workers and friend has been diagnosed with ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease. Not only is Karyn our friend she was one of Matt's sixth grade teachers. Also, Abby cares for Karyn's two beautiful girls in the after school program when school is in session. Abby has baby sat the girls and they have been here to the house a few times and always crack me up. They are like their mother, beautiful, full of life and wide open at all times. They are always smiling and interested in their surroundings. Last time they were here they could not wait to go down to the barn and stuff the horses full of carrots.

I want to desperately reach out to Karyn and her husband Shane but I just don't know that it is time yet. They are, from what I understand seeking a second opinion and just now probably still trying to wrap their heads around this horrific news. Since, ALS is basically a death sentence, I can only dream of what they must be going through. I can only imagine what is going through Shane's head and what he has in front of him. For now I will pray for Karyn, Shane and the girls.

Why oh why... Why Lisa... Why Karyn... I have a lot of questions for God when I see him. Not that I want to interrogate him but I just want and need to understand. Why such wonderful individuals and persons that have so much to offer the rest of us.

I have much on my mind as I prepare for the coming weeks. We don't have much going on this week and it should be a fairly low stress week. This will be Abby's last week at camp. She is scheduled to come home next Sunday and Matt is scheduled to be off for a three day 4-H meeting on the following Monday. He is planning on driving himself the 45 minutes to the meeting. I have no doubt I will be as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs until I know he has arrived safely at his destination. Then the following week we are scheduled to be on vacation. I don't think it can get here soon enough. I am ready for a full week off from work and some rest and relaxation. Nope, it can't get here soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment