About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Boyfriends and Detention


What a great day and a pretty darn good week.

I rounded the week out today by getting out early to have breakfast with Matt.  Nothing starts a day like a stop at the Waffle House.  The only problem was that Matt wound up dragging around and we got a late start.  He wound up being late for school and got detention.  He was not very happy about it either.  Talk about a fish out of water!  One of my kids in detention!  While I think its kind of crappy that he gets detention for being late just one time he did the crime so he will do the time.  I’m pretty sure that he believes it was worth having breakfast with good old dad.  At least I hope he believes that…

I was able to meet Abby for lunch.  We had a good visit and she let me know that she is ready for me to meet the current boyfriend.  She’s been seeing the aforementioned guy for a couple months now and I have yet to see neither hide nor hair of him.  Anyhow, she is going to bring him out to the house tomorrow night for dinner.  There’s nothing I like better than having the opportunity to give a new boyfriend the “stink eye”.  It should be an enjoyable evening.  Matt has suggested that we serve mint chocolate ice cream for dessert.  Matt wants to lace the boyfriend’s ice cream with wasabi paste as a practical joke.  I’m considering giving him the green light…

No comments:

Post a Comment