About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Things First

Okay so I didn't get to spend any time in the shop today either but I did get a lot of other things done this weekend.  I was tempted to skip church this morning and get out there but I'm glad i didn't.  While I do have a long list of projects that I would like to complete, they can all wait.  The list includes; shop cabinets, headboard and dresser for Baby Girl, window seat and bookcase for spare bedroom, tack boxes for the barn, adirondack chairs for the yard and those are just the ones I can remember right now.

First things first, however.  I have a busy week ahead... We have Matt's car in the body shop so we have to work out transportation to and from school along with his extracurricular activities.  I also have to adjust staffing at work.  Business has not picked up and it looks like we will have to once again reduce our staffing.  This is the one part of my job that I really don't like.  Giving a person a job is a whole lot better than taking a job from them.  While its a difficult task, it must be done for the good of the whole.  Additionally, I have some evening meetings concerning the work I am about to have done here at the house.

I suppose I will work though it all.  Being an organization and neat freak actually has its benefits when I have a busy week like the one coming.  I also finally broke down an purchased a lap top this weekend to help me stay organized.  Not to mention, it sure is nice to be able to sit in my big comfy chair and work rather than at my desk. Heck you might even get to hear even more about my relatively boring life at this rate

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you got that lap top. I love mine.
    I will be praying for you and Matt that things will all work our. God has great plans for you. I will also pray he will give you wisdom about your decisions at work. I love you and miss you. Happy New Year.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete