About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Level Ground

I am happy to see this week behind me.  I like level ground and this week has been more of a rollercoaster than I care for.  This is the kind of week that makes me wonder how Lisa did it.  She took care of everything around here with minimal help from you know who.

From the little fender-bender that caused Baby Girl to meltdown more than once to the flooded office I walked into on Monday morning.  It seems like the week has been full of surprises and little adventures.

I once again scheduled too much in one day.  I seem to run wide open every Friday but still don’t seem to be getting a lot done.  Today basically got chewed up with phone calls to the insurance companies and meetings with sub-contractors and shopping errands.

I did get to fit in a lunch with Abby.  She is obviously still shook up about the fender-bender.  I think she is more upset with herself about throwing more on my plate than she is about the actual wreck.  I hate to see her beat herself up too much about it but it’s good to know that it got her attention.  I assured her that there was no need to dwell on the matter and the best advice I could give her was to use it as a learning experience.

After lunch with Baby Girl I shot off across the county to take Matt some lunch.  He won’t let me actually eat lunch with him at school anymore but that’s fine with me.  I still got a hug when I dropped off lunch.

No I didn’t get to spend much time in the shop today but that’s fine too.  Heck I have spent more time in the shop over the last few weeks than I have in the past two years.  I hoping today was just a good start to a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment