About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Holidays Done


Finally, it’s over…  I made it through another Christmas and New Years.  All that’s left is to take down the tree and haul it off to be shredded into a small pile of mulch.  I have, for the most part, enjoyed my time off the last two weeks.

I spent a lot of time with Matt over the last two weeks and Abby basically just popped in and out when there was not something better to do.  We made our annual trip to Callaway Gardens to enjoy the lights and funnel cakes.  My brother Mark and his family were able to spend a few days with us.  It’s always great to have him and his crew even if I do tend to get a bit anxious with that many people in the house.

I did finally find some time to devote to finishing up my shop.  I spent the entire day on Saturday working in my shop.  I was able to get all five boxes for my base cabinets built.  The next thing to do is build the drawers while I wait for the drawer slides to be delivered over the next week or so.  I must say, it was good to spend the day in the shop.  It’s been far too long since I have had the smell of a saw dust on me.  I am already looking forward to getting back out there and doing some more work.

Overall, my time off was enjoyable.  It was not a terrible Christmas break but it was not a very memorable one either.  It was just so-so.  I suppose if there was a poignant moment for me it would have been New Years Eve.  It was basically a nice evening.  We spent the evening with Mike and Barbie.  A wonderful couple of dear friends that had over for dinner and a movie.  Thats Barbie with William and Matt giving their best Capt. Morgan pose.  We got home around 10:00.  Matt had a sleep over buddy, Abby was out to dinner with her current boyfriend and there I was, alone.  When midnight finally got here, I was alone and all I could do was turn out the light and go to sleep.  I don’t want to do another New Years alone.  I am going to make more effort to get out and meet someone that I can spend some time with.  While I have many wonderful married friends, I don’t think anything can replace a one on one relationship.  Besides, I have no interest in being alone for another New Years Eve…

No comments:

Post a Comment