About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Busted Bumpers and Thumbs

Today was another one of those days.  I walked into into a mess this morning at work.  We might have had a small roof leak over the weekend.  We had ceiling tiles, insulation and water all over the front office.  This is the way the day started and it just got better and better.

Abby and Matt were out of school today and being the ever thoughtful kids they are, they decided to make the forty-five minute drive to see their grandparents.  Just after they got to Lisa’s parents house I received a call.  Matt had slammed his thumb in the car door and tore it open.  Grandpa determined that no stitches were needed and wrapped it up before the four of them left to have a nice lunch out.

Then I got another call…  Abby had a fender bender on the way home.  She was behind a lady at a stop sign and ran into her.  It was nothing serious but just enough to prompt a full-blown meltdown for Abby.   You know the kind.  The kind where they try to talk between the crying and sobbing and you can only understand a couple of words they say.  It took me a minute to calm her down and get her wits back.  Once she calmed down a bit, I told her what to do and assured her that since nobody was hurt it was not worth getting so upset.  The damage was minimal and cars can be fixed.  As things proceeded I kept in touch with Matt via cell phone.  He was the model of calm, reassurance and understanding.  I was glad that he was with her and I hope she appreciated his presents.

One more phone call from Abby once she got home to tell me how sorry she was.  Of course that prompted more crying.  I, again, gave her reassurance that things could have turned out a lot worse and that as long as nobody was hurt, it’s all good.

I am sure tomorrow will be a better day, besides Matt has another thumb.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes .... what a day!! I hope today was better ... for all of you!!
    : )

    ReplyDelete