About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Operation Squirrel Love



I guess they are on to me.  I guess these stinking squirrels around here are smarter than I realized.  I guess they realize I have a gun now and I’m not just out for a stroll in the yard.  Every time I try to nail one of these little long tailed, tree-climbing rats, they take off faster and faster.  I have been “managing” the squirrel population here on the farm ever since I figured out that they were eating my deck and roof fascia boards. 


It would seem that they have been leaning over the gutters, reaching up under them to chew on my fascia boards.  Also, they have been taking chunks out of my deck railings and posts.  It took me a little while to figure out what was going on.  It was some time before I actually caught one of them in the act. 


So, I have been taking them out one at a time.  I have “reduced the population” by about a half dozen or so.  The thing is now it seems that they have figured out the game.   I think it might be time for phase two of my plan to eradicate my problem.  I think it might be time to set up a bait station.  You know, make them think I have had a change of heart and lure them in with a false sense of security.  I may have to give that a try.


I got a lot done out in the shop yesterday.  I have assembled the last of the drawers for my cabinets and got the edged banding applied to the boxes.  The next step in this process is to install the drawer slides and then I can start moving all my tools to their new home.  I just don’t feel like doing it today though.  It’s a rainy and cold day and I still have the headache that I woke up with yesterday.  I think I’m just going to crawl back into the bed and think about phase two.  I bet squirrels like corn…

No comments:

Post a Comment