About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Going Commando

Success, finally… I finally got all my drawers installed and the base cabinets are in place.  I can’t wait to start loading all my tools into the drawers.  Of course, the easy work is behind me.  Now I need to mill all the wood for the exposed sides and drawer faces.  Once I get the finished drawer fronts and sides on, I can then put the nineteen-foot countertop in place.  That will have to wait for another day as my “mom” work is getting behind.  I was able to work for a few hours but called it quits early.  The laundry was build up and I needed to get on it before Matt was forced to go “Commando”.

Balancing all the things I need to do and want to do continues to be a challenge.  Gone are the days of spending an entire day out in the shop.  Sure I can still do that but it comes with consequences like being too tired to cook dinner.  While I could easily spend ten or twelve hours out there I find striking that balance is better for me overall.

Still, I do get a good deal more satisfaction out of building a set of cabinets than I do washing a bunch of dirty clothes…

No comments:

Post a Comment