About Me

My photo
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
We lost my beautiful wife of 20 years on 9/12/07. Lisa was my world she was my everything and now she is gone. We are learning to live without Lisa now. I say we because I am not alone. My children are stuck in this mess with me. These are my notes, my vent, my way of letting you all know that we are doing well (some days). This is for myself, my friends and my family that want to know how we are doing and what we are up to. Along the way I hope this might also help someone else who has been dealt a similar hand.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow & Saw Dust



The phone rang at 6:15 this morning and of course I about jumped out of my skin.  It turned out to be the automated school phone system reporting that school has been postponed till 10:30 this morning.  Temperatures have hardly gotten above freezing all week and last night we had a very small amount of rain and snow mix.  Matt will no doubt be very happy to sleep in for a few hours.

It’s good to be back on a day to day schedule.  I started back to work Monday and Matt started back to school on Tuesday.  As always, I miss being at home with the kids.  It’s hard to leave them behind after being together for the past two weeks.  The last thing Matt told me on Sunday night was that he was sure going to miss me Monday.  To know that he will miss me as much, if not more than I miss him does my heart some good.
 
The week has flown by and I am looking forward to getting back into the shop today.  My goal is to at least get the parts for my drawers cut out today.  Then tomorrow I can spend the day assembling the drawers.  I need to make 25 drawers and each drawer has two sides a front a back and a bottom for a total of 5 parts or a total of 125 parts that need to be cut out.  Once I get everything set up it should go pretty quick since most of the parts are the same size.  Once I get the drawers made I will need the slides that I ordered.  The only problem is they are now on back-order.  Hopefully, they will get here before I need them.  I am building up some momentum on this and don’t want to get sidetracked again.
 
Having the holidays behind me will help.  It seemed like nobody wanted to do anything over the last few weeks.  I sure am glad that I did not start the kitchen remodel before the holidays.  I am, however, hoping to get that project going within the next couple of weeks.  I also finally found a landscaper that actually acts like he wants a job.  Hopefully he will get me a price and start work within the next couple of weeks.  I am not holding my breath however.  You would think with the economy in the tank I would not have any problem finding people that want work.  Go figure…

No comments:

Post a Comment